I suggest you ...

add the ability to randomize a winner for a single match or for all matches left in round without a user

When hosting a game tournament, it would be good for matches where both players are CPU, that you can randomize a winner to advance to the next round. You should be able to do this for a single match and also randomize the rest of the matches in a round that don't include any real players/users.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Karl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminJoe Fender (Community Manager, BracketCloud) responded  · 

We’ve implemented the ability to randomize a winner when entering a score for a single match. Unless there is more interest, we’re not going to look into implementing the randomization of multiple matches at once.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, BracketCloud doesn't necessarily need to know if both participants are CPU, if you just let the admin click 'randomize winner' on each match. It's the most basic form of tournament simulation.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Joe,
    I'm not talking necessarily BYEs. What I mean is sometimes you have maybe 4 real players in a 32 man tournament. For the matches where neither person competing are 'real', you could simply add a dice icon or something which lets you randomize the 'fake' computer controlled competitior to advance to the next round. This is a very common thing in videogames, where not all players are real and some are bots. It basically lets people compete in simulations of larger tournaments without the need to fill all slots with real players..

• AdminJoe Fender (Community Manager, BracketCloud) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. When you say CPU are you referring to matches with BYEs? If not, then BracketCloud has no knowledge that both participants are CPU. I'm not sure how useful a randomizing winner feature would be as this is quite an edge case.

Feedback and Knowledge Base